If you live in the NY /NJ area make sure to be on the lookout this Thursday, June 20 for a unique fashion trend that will be hitting the streets in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Hoboken. To celebrate the Bronx Zoo’s newest adventure, Dinosaur Safari, people will be taking to the streets conspicuously wearing a very distinctive accessory, a dinosaur tail!
All members of the Bronx Zoo “Dino Tails” street team will be distributing cards with a special promotion code for 20% off Total Experience tickets, which includes Dinosaur Safari. If you spot some tails on Thursday, make sure to snap a quick pix and hit @theBronxZoo on Instagram and tag it #dinotail to share with all your friends!
Here’s a sneak peek what to expect:
Approximately 50 Bronx Zoo Dinosaur Safari street team members will be out and about this Thursday, June 20 between Noon and 6 pm ET and hitting up the locations listed below:
- Battery Park City: Battery Place – Chambers between West St. and Hudson River Esplanade
- Pier 25 & Esplanade: Chambers – North Moore St.
- Gramercy Park & Union Square: 14th – 23rd St. between 1st and Park Ave. (Union Square is between Union Square E & W)
- Stuyvesant Square (2nd Ave. between 15th and 17th St.
- Gramercy Park (20th – 21st between Irving and Lex)
- Union Square (14th – 17th St. between Union Square E & W)
- Hudson River Park: N Moore St.–16th St.
- Hudson River Park: Chelsea Lawn 17th St.–34th St.
- Financial District: Bowling Green – Barclays St. between Church & Water
- Brooklyn Bridge: Barclay–Worth St. between Broadway & Pearl St.
- Soho-Nolita: Canal–Houston St. between 6th Ave. & Bowery St.
- West Village: Houston–14th St. between Hudson St. & 6th Ave.
- Greenwich Village-Noho: Houston–13th St. between 6th Ave. & Bowery
- Chelsea: The Highline and Chelsea Market
- Chelsea: 14th–22nd St. between 6th–11th Ave.
- Chelsea: 23rd–30th St. between 6th–11th Ave.
- Penn Station/Herald Square: 31st–37th St. between Broadway & 9th Ave.
- Hell’s Kitchen: 43rd–54th St. on Hudson River Park & 38th–50th St. between 8th &11th Ave.
- Columbus Circle-Lincoln Square: 51st – 68th St. between 6th & West End Ave.
- UWS: 70th–82nd St. between Central Park West & West End Ave.
- UWS: 83rd–103rd St. between Central Park West & West End Ave.
- Lower East Side: Below Houston St. between Bowery & Columbia St.
- East Village-Alphabet City: Houston–14th St. between Bowery & Avenue D
- East Village: East River Park and Stuyvesant Town
- Flatiron District: 14th–26th Sts. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- Murray Hill-Medical City: 27th–42nd St. between 1st & Madison Ave.
- Midtown East/Grand Central: 42nd–50th St. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- Midtown East: 50th–63rd St. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- UES: 63rd–79th St. between 2nd & 5th Ave.
- UES: 79th–96th St. between 2nd & 5th Ave.
- UES: 63rd – 96th St. between FDR Dr. & 2nd Ave.
- 42nd Street: 42nd Street between 10th and 2nd Ave.
- 34th Street: 34th Street between 10th and 2nd Ave.
- 23rd Street: 23rd Street between 11th and Park Ave.
- 5th Ave: 5th Ave. between 59th and 14th St.
- Central Park: 59th–72nd St.
- Central Park: 68th–83rd St.
- Central Park: 81st–97th St.
- Central Park: 97th–100th St.
- Brooklyn: Park Slope, Flatbush Ave.–14th St. between 5th & 8th Ave.
- Brooklyn: Prospect Park, south of Center Drive
- Brooklyn: Prospect Park, north of Center Drive
- Brooklyn: Brooklyn Heights, Atlantic Ave. to Old Fulton St., East River to Court St./Cadman Plaza
- Brooklyn: Dumbo, Nassau St. to East River, Bridge St. to Brooklyn Bridge
- New Jersey: Hoboken
The Bronx Zoo’s Dinosaur Safari is an event that’s been 200 million years in the making! This summer, Bronx Zoo guests will be immersed in the wonders of the prehistoric world as they hop aboard a paleontologist’s wagon and take an exciting journey back to a time when dinosaurs ruled the world. Visitors will encounter 16 large-scale majestic creatures, as well as baby dinosaurs and nests, representing many species that once roamed various areas of the globe. All of the dinosaurs are animatronic, with some up to 40 feet long who snarl, roar and even spit!
Guests disembark at the Dinosaur Safari Field site and get to experience what it feels like to be at an archeological dig. Guests can uncover fossils at three fossil digs, explore real dinosaur artifacts, pose for a picture atop a mighty T. Rex, and even control a robotic Stegosaurus! You can also create hands-on dinosaur crafts and fossil rubbings, catch the 4-D experience “Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs” and watch the magical new theatrical performance of “Adaptations! A Dinosaur Musical.” A full list of daily activities is available at www.BronxZoo.com/dino.
So have a totally dino-mite time and head over to the Bronx Zoo this summer to catch this limited engagement exhibit! The Hubs & I are taking the kids and will share our dinosaur adventure!
Now it’s your turn to share. What do you think is the scariest dinosaur is?
For Full Disclosure: The Harried Mom blog is participating in a sponsored ambassador program from the Bronx Zoo/NY Aquarium. As a part of this program we have received a premium family membership and merchandise for placement of specific postings related to programming.
Copyright © 2013 The Harried Mom. All Rights Reserved.