Looking for a cute and literally sweet centerpiece for your table this Christmas?
Then check out my super easy tutorial to make this Dum Dums Holiday Lollipop Tree.
This is a fun craft that you can do together with your kids or loved ones. I think the hardest part for me in making this craft was not to eat all the Dum Dums Holiday Pops before I finished making the tree! Dum Dums Holiday Pops come in 8 limited edition flavors — Merry Cherry, Sugar Plum, Hot Chocolate, Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread, Apple Cider, Green Apple Grinch and Polar Punch.
Here’s how I made my Dum Dums Holiday Lollipop Tree:
- Using scissors, cut the Dum Dums sticks in half. I found that if you score the stick with your scissors you can just snap the ends off.
- Unwrap your Dum Dums.
- Using a circular object (I used the top part of a candle votive), trace a circle on each Dum Dums wrapper with a permanent marker. Using the scissors cut out all the circles.
- Starting at the bottom of the Styrofoam cone, use an unwrapped Dum Dums to pin the circular wrappers on the cone.
- Continue this process around the base perimeter of the cone, each time overlapping the wrappers just a little bit and making sure to vary your lollipop colors.
- For the second row, make sure that the edges of the wrappers moderately overlap, and continue pinning the wrappers to the cone with the sticks of the Dum Dums.
- Fill the rest of the cone.
- Make a bow with the thin-width holiday ribbon and secure onto top of lollipop tree. You can either tie it around a lollipop or hot glue it onto the tree.
If you have some Dum Dums Holiday Pops left over, you could also make this adorable Dum Dums Snowman.
Here’s how you do it:
Snowman shaped Styrofoam
Dum Dums Holiday Pops
Black top hat
Thin sticks or twigs
Thin-width holiday ribbon
- Using scissors, cut the Dum Dums sticks in half.
- Starting from the base, fill with Dum Dums, keeping them totally wrapped and remember to leave spaces for the buttons
- Cut out a 3×3 inch piece of black felt, and cut a piece of wire about 3 inches long.
- Wrap the felt around the top of a Dum Dum and tie the wire around the base where the stick and the lollipop meet, to secure the felt. Cut off the excess wire and felt.
- Repeat step four to create two more buttons. Place each Dum Dums button in the Styrofoam.
- Place twigs in the Styrofoam to be the snowman’s arms.
- With ribbon and a strip of black felt, glue the ribbon to the middle of the felt for extra decoration. Then, wrap the scarf around the neck of the snowman, securing with Styrofoam glue.
- Fill the top Styrofoam ball with Dum Dum and place the top hat on the snowman’s head.
- Cut two circles out of the black felt, about ¾ of an inch in diameter. Glue them on top of the Dum Dums in the place of eyes.
- Place a carrot between Dum Dums in the center of the snowman’s face for a nose, securing with glue.
Don’t forget to check out the Spangler Candy Company’s website for more fun craft ideas using Dum Dums.
Now it’s your turn to share. What’s your favorite holiday/Christmas tradition?
For Full Disclosure: The Harried Mom was not compensated for this post. However, the Spangler Candy Company did send me Dum Dums Holiday Pops and craft directions to help facilitate this post. As always, all opinions expressed on The Harried Mom are all my very own. Please do your own research before purchasing any products.
Copyright © 2015 The Harried Mom. All Rights Reserved.