If your household is like mine, you have kids (and adults) that suffer from seasonal allergies and you know that fall allergies have kicked into high gear! I cringe when I hear my kids coughing, wheezing or see their red and itchy eyes. Luckily, with the help of non-drowsy Children’s Claritin, we don’t let allergies slow us down.
Children’s Claritin graciously provided me with a these helpful Back To School Allergy Tips to help survive and keep the kids allergy free this fall:
- Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
- Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
- Let there be light! Mold doesn’t like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
- Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace it if necessary.
- Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
- Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
- Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
- Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out the body.
- Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Now it’s your turn to share. What are your best tips for combating seasonal allergies?
For Full Disclosure: As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.
Copyright © 2013 The Harried Mom. All Rights Reserved.