I think that most of us would agree with the poet George Eliot (who was a woman – Mary Ann Evans, but that’s another story) who said: “I like not only to be loved, but also to be told that I am loved.”
That is never more evident than on February 14, better known as Valentine’s Day, when love is in full swing!
But you don’t need to break the bank with gifts of diamonds, five-star meals or dozens of roses – though all are lovely ideas – to show someone you love them. Some of the best gifts one person can give to another involve sharing time along with a little thoughtfulness.
Here are some simple, creative and inexpensive ideas to show your loved one how much you care for them this Valentine’s Day:
Make something handmade – These are my favorite types of gifts to get. It shows me that the person has taken time, energy and planning into what they are making.
- Create a love jar – Decorate an old jar or box with various craft items. Write many notes of love such as “I love you,” “You are special,” and “You’re sweet” on small pieces of colored paper, fold them up and place them in the jar.
- Make a photo collage – Gather a bunch of your favorite photos and make a framed grouping of them that show you as a couple and a family.
- Create an IOU coupon book – Take pieces of paper and write out IOUs for various household chores/activities you will do such as “I will make dinner;” “I will do the laundry;” “I will wash the dishes” and “I will serve you breakfast in bed.”
- Toast your love – Buy two champagne flutes for use on Valentine’s Day only to annually toast your love. Keep them in a visible location as a year-round reminder of how special you are to each other.
- Have an at home date night – After the kids go to bed, snuggle up on the couch and watch an old romantic movie a together, with popcorn and soft drinks and candy movie-theater style.
- Create an indoor picnic – Lay out a tablecloth, paper goods along with finger foods and some of your favorite treats for dessert. Play card games, board games and reminisce about fun and memorable times.
Give some sweetness – It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day if you didn’t indulge your sweet tooth just a bit. Sure, you could go down the traditional path here with chocolates, but why not have fun and think out of the box to come up with a yummy treat?
Do you remember when you had to wait around until that one time of year to get your fill of PEEPS®? Well, now you can find PEEPS® for each and every holiday and with special shapes and flavors.
With most PEEPS® retailing for under $4 you can fill your heart, and tummy, with a great assortment of PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® treats this Valentine’s Day, including:
- PEEPS® Valentine Hearts
- PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Crème Flavored Chicks
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Hearts
- PEEPS® Strawberry Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts
- PEEPS® Cherries Drizzled and Dipped in Chocolate
- PEEPS® Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts
- PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Raspberry Flavored Heart
- MIKE AND IKE® Passion Mix Candy
- HOT TAMALES® Fierce Cinnamon Candy
- HOT TAMALES® Valentine’s Lollipops
- PEEPS® Plush Valentine’s Day Bunny
Want to stock up on some PEEPS® products for your family this Valentine’s Day? If so, use the coupon code – SWEETHEART – which is valid for 20% off your next purchase at the PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® website, now through February 29, 2016.
Now, to make your holiday just a little bit sweeter, PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® is going to give one lucky reader of The Harried Mom a prize pack, including five (5) full-sized Valentine’s Day themed goodies! All you have to do is enter below. The more options you complete, the more chances you have to win!
The Harried Mom’s PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® Giveaway is open now thru Tuesday, February 10 at 6 pm ET. This giveaway is only open to US residents who are 18 years or older. A winner will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter and will be contacted via email for mailing details. Winners will have 24 hours to respond before an alternate winner is chosen. Prizing will be sent directly from PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY®.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now it’s your turn to share. What’s your favorite type of gift to get on Valentine’s Day?
For Full Disclosure: The Harried Mom was not compensated for this post. I did receive complimentary samples from PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® to facilitate this post. As always, all opinions expressed on The Harried Mom are all my very own. Please do your own research before purchasing any products.
Copyright © 2016 The Harried Mom. All Rights Reserved.