10 Things I Love About Motherhood
1) The expression of pure joy on my kidlets faces as they shout out “Mommy!” when I come to pick them up each day from preschool/daycare.
2) The ability to end an argument/disagreement with my kidlets point-blank just by saying “Because I’m your mom, that’s why!”
3) That I am seen by my kidlets (at least for now) as omnipotent and have the answer to their endless list of questions.
4) The handmade presents the kids me make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas & my birthday.
5) All the hugs, kisses and cuddles before the kidlets go to bed each night.
6) Sitting on the couch or lying in bed with the kidlets and reading books.
7) Getting to watch all the cartoons, like “Tom And Jerry,” that I enjoyed as a kid with my little ones (same goes for toys, I can play with toys again without getting strange looks)
8) The awesome push gift I got from the Hubs after each kidlet (hey, for the first one it was a Tiffany Charm bracelet and I got a charm with each kidlet – I stopped at 2, I didn’t need to fill the bracelet that bad! I love showing it off sort of my badge of honor for 9 months of hard work!
9) The pure joy and delight my kidlets get when they accomplish or do something by themselves for the first time. Makes me feel as though I have achieved a goal as well – helping them to discover their world.
10) All the ups and downs that are still ahead of us. I look forward to the adventures we will have together as a family.
This blog post was inspired by: