I want to thank Ellen at Bad Word Mama for nominating The Harried Mom for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I had no idea awards like this existed – an award that is not based on votes and a popularity contest (I’ve never won one of those in my life!). I’m honored by this recognition because; to me at least, it means that someone found what I’ve been doing here humorous, helpful and/or inspiring. Talk about an ego boost! I think this is a great encouragement for any blogger out there.
So now I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself and then nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
Seven things about me, Debra AKA – The Harried Mom:
- I’m a whiz at ‘Name That Tune.’ Turn on the radio and I can literally name that song in three notes.
- Growing up, I wanted to become the first female general manager of the New York Yankees.
- I’ve traveled to all 48 continental United States, mostly by car and having traveling cross-country three times in a 1939 Ford Coup with no seat belts, heat & A/C or radio!
- My first kiss from a boy came when I was six from singer Paul Anka. At a concert that my mother dragged me to, I was pushed out into the aisle as Anka came by singing, “She’s Having My Baby.”
- It is my ultimate dream to be on the TV game show “The Price Is Right” and “come on down!”
- When I’m nervous I recite the Greek alphabet in my head, from my sorority days, it always helps me to calm down.
- My favorite animal is the cow. Why? I have no idea – but I guess it explains my obsession with milk and ice cream
Well, there you have it…seven things about me. Now here are 15 more Very Inspiring Bloggers that I follow - they've all taught me something in becoming a better blogger or parent!
Central Jersey Working Moms
Mommy & Everything
This Weblog is Unique. Just Like They All Are
Life In the Batcave
A Madison Mom
Better Way Moms
4 Hats and Frugal
Mother Of The Year
Mom Rants And Comfy Pants
Simply At Home Mom
The Pursuit of Normal
New English Mum In America
I encourage you to go check them out and show them a little love too!
Now it’s your turn to share. What’s one fun fact about you?
Very Inspiring Blogger Award by The Harried Mom, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.